Request for ICDD Financial Support
Financial Support for Students’ and Young Scientists’ Participation in Scientific Meetings, Workshops, and Symposia
The process for requesting financial support for students’ and young scientists’ participation in scientific meetings, workshops, and symposia is intended for use by event organizers only. ICDD does not provide support directly to individuals. Applications are reviewed on a competitive basis. Funding for student/young scientist participation in events that align with ICDD’s mission of advancing materials characterization methods within the X-ray community are more likely to be approved. Requests must be received no later than nine months prior to meeting, workshop, or symposium; they are reviewed on a quarterly basis by the ICDD Meeting Support Committee.
Funding is completed for the current year. New funding will become available 1 April 2019. In accordance, the next review of applications is scheduled for February 2019. If you are interested in applying for student/young scientist funding and your request fits within this time frame, please proceed to the application below.
Please fill out this form online or print out the form and send to:
ICDD Corporate Secretary
12 Campus Boulevard
Newtown Square, PA 19073-3273
You will receive a confirmation of receipt via email within two weeks of submission. If you do not, please contact Terry Maguire at email@example.com, Fax: 610-325-9823.
ICDD’s support of students and young scientists reached far and wide at these 2018 Scientific Meetings
Hover over the map to see the meetings where we supported student participation in 2018!
- Materials Research Society Spring Meeting Symposia on “In-situ and Operando X-ray and Neutron” and “Nanostructures with X-rays” – Phoenix, Arizona
- Gordon Research Seminar – Crystal Engineering
Satellite Meeting of the Gordon Research Conference – Sunday River, Maine
- Powder Workshop under NSC46 at NIMHANS
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences – Bangalore, India
- New York University – X-ray Workshop – New York, New York
- 3rd Baikal Material Science Forum – Lake Baikal, Russia
- 13th National Conference on X-ray Diffraction and ICDD Workshop – Lanzhou, PR China
- AIC International School 2018
Powder Diffraction: Theory, Software and Applications – Bari, Italy
- SARX: XV Latin American Conference (Seminar) of Analysis by X-Ray Techniques – Pucón, Araucanía, Chile
- Materials Research Society Fall 2018 Meeting
Symposium: Solid-State Chemistry of Inorganic Materials – Boston, MA
- Total Scattering Analysis for nanoScience in Latin America Meeting – Florianopolis, Brazil
- Congress of Crystallographers of Ukraine – Lviv, Ukraine