Effective Date: May 2018
We appreciate the interest you have shown in the International Centre for Diffraction Data – ICDD’s products and services by visiting our website (www.icdd.com) or any of our related online communication channels. The privacy of the information you provide us is a priority, one that we treat very seriously. We respect your personal data and strive to keep it safe and ensure that it is used and stored appropriately.
Within this policy, we explain what kind of personal data is collected and how it is used by ICDD when you interact with us, such as a visit our Website, purchase of our products or services, contact with customer service or support, subscription to our newsletters, participation in our conferences or educational events, or any other interaction with ICDD. This includes both online and offline collection of personal data.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact details: your name, email address, postal address, phone number(s), and other similar contact details
- Demographic information such as location, preferences and interests
- Payment data in order to process any payment you make; such data may include your credit card details
- Credentials for security, such as your passwords, password hints and similar information which enables us to authenticate you and provide you access to your account
- Usage data relating to your online behavior and your marketing preferences
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improve our products and services
- Periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- Contact you for market research purposes via email, phone, fax or mail
- Personalize your experience and customize the website according to your interests
How do we protect your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, and is accessible by a limited number of persons who have specific access rights and are required to keep the information confidential.
We will retain your personal data as long as necessary for the purposes set out when collecting your personal data or as required by relevant laws and regulations.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits
- Gather data on web traffic to offer better site experiences and develop future tools
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
We respect your personal information. At any time, you may choose to unsubscribe from our communications by emailing us (www.icdd.com). In addition, our communications always include an opt-out option in each footer, which you may select at any time.
In addition, you can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number (www.icdd.com):
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data