Social Event, Poster Session, and Reception:
Following the Plenary Session, members and guests are invited to spend the afternoon at our social event, poster session, and reception. Our excursion this year will take us to the Merion Tribute House in Merion Station, PA. While at the Merion Tribute House we will enjoy the entertainment of Kevin Bethea, Corporate Magician and Illusionist. Kevin will provide a full blown 45-minute show that includes magic, comedy, and incredible feats of mind-reading along with tons of audience participation. While enjoying cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, members and guests will view the posters, exchange knowledge with their peers, and enjoy old and new friendships. Also during this time Kevin will do strolling magic, it is performed up close for just a few people at a time. Magic happens right in your own hands! A buffet dinner will follow. At the conclusion of the event, bus transportation will take guests back to the Best Western Plus, Concordville Hotel. Click here to learn more about Kevin Bethea!
Poster boards are 40 inches high, 60 inches wide, and about 1/4 inch thick, comprised of foam board. Pins and Velcro will be available to attach your poster to the foam boards. Authors are asked to post their presentations approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of the session.
Guidelines for Preparing Abstracts
Abstracts will be posted as received on the ICDD webpage. If you do not want your abstract posted, please note your request in your e-mail message when you submit it. Abstracts must not exceed one page in length and must include the title, author(s), affiliation(s), and the text. To provide uniformity, it is recommended that abstracts be prepared in Microsoft® Word, according to the following guidelines:
- Paper Size: 8.5 x 11 inches; A4 paper must be formatted for 8.5 x 11 inches
- Size: Entire abstract, including title, author(s), affiliation(s), and text, must fit into a maximum area of 7.9" (20 cm) high by 5.9" (15 cm) wide. Please allow a top margin of 1.5” (3.8 cm) and 1” (2.54 cm) margins on all other sides
- Font: Times or Times New Roman, 12 point
- Title: bold, centered, all uppercase (except where lowercase letters are needed for clarity)
- Should appear flush left; do not indent
- Leave one blank line between the title and the author(s)
- Author and affiliation, mixed upper and lowercase, centered; if there is more than one author, underline the presenting author's name
- Leave two blank lines before beginning text
- A blank line is recommended between new paragraphs
- Use line spacing sufficiently large enough to allow the abstract to be read easily, including subscripts, superscripts and Greek letters
The preferred method of submitting your abstracts is in a PDF format via this ICDD submission form.
However, if you require an alternate method, please contact Eileen Jennings –
E-mail: email@example.com or Tel: +610-325-9814.
Abstracts should be submitted no later than 3 March 2017.