The International Centre for Diffraction Data has an opening for an Editorial Technician working with a dynamic team of database and scientific staff.
Under the direction of the Database Supervisor, the Editorial Technician will contribute and provide support in various areas; including database data collection and maintenance. The Editorial Technician will gain experience in scientific data management, analysis, and data collection, while enhancing their knowledge in various scientific fields through mentoring and collaboration with experts in X-ray diffraction, polymers, and crystallographic scientific fields.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1. Associate’s degree with emphasis in a scientific field and good knowledge of general chemistry.
2. Minimum coursework requirements – General Chemistry; Organic chemistry, a plus.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; SQL experience a plus.
4. Ability to work cooperatively on a team and independently on office/data tasks..
5. Experience performing scientific literature abstraction, highly desirable.
6. Knowledge of data entry and analysis preferred.
7. Great organization skills, highly desired.
8. Chemical research, sample management, and scientific data reporting experience, a plus.
9. Reliable transportation.
The International Centre for Diffraction Data® (ICDD®) is a non-profit scientific organization dedicated to collecting, editing, publishing, and distributing powder diffraction data for the identification of crystalline materials. The membership of the ICDD consists of worldwide representation from academe, government, and industry.
Our Vision – The International Centre for Diffraction Data will continue to develop tools and support the education required for materials analyses of tomorrow.
Our Mission – The International Centre for Diffraction Data will continue to be the world center for quality diffraction and related data to meet the needs of the technical community. ICDD promotes the application of materials characterization methods in science and technology by providing forums for the exchange of ideas and information.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES*:
- EE covered Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 403(b) Matching Plan
- 35-hour work week, Paid Time Off (vacation/sick/Holidays)
*Eligibility dates based on probation period/length of service
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania.